Monday, August 12, 2013

Changing Lives

Ok everyone, what a great week we had!!! Yesterday at church we had 6 less-actives and 2 investigators! we have been seeing miracles with less-actives because we are just ourselves and love them to death! I LOVE the people here! I feel like I am a member of the ward. I just absolutely love meeting people and seeing their lives change. Each person i meet changes my life as well. So we had exchanges this week. and guess what sister i got to go and be companions with for TWO DAYS...... SISTER SCHOFIELD!!! woo hoo! my old comp! it was sooo much fun, she is one of my best friends.... i feel like i say that a lot. haha but it felt good to teach with her again and get the band back together. i got zero sleep because after lights out we would talk til the wee hours of the morning. so worth it! for comp study we sand Called to Serve and marched around her apartment. we think we are pretty funny.... well if the shoe fits. so then we got back from exchanges and i was happy to see my comp sister hollis again and to be back in my area. We painted for one of our investigators all day saturday and it was a blast! then they fed us dinner and we helped them make it. then we got to see sister strickland because she is back in town. we hid in her kitchen til she came down the stairs, we tried to scare the poop outta her but of course i could not control my laughter and blew our cover. we have so much fun out here! We taught Thelma the last lesson and are going to help her make invites to her baptism today. she wants to invite a ton of people and share the Gospel with everyone! she is so amazing and has truly touched my heart. Thelma has truly changed the way I look at life. She always puts others first no matter what! Then on sunday we had all of these people come to church and it felt so good! i was glad they could come and feel the Spirit. our ward is always so welcoming and nice to everyone we bring. everyone is treated like family. i have learned so much about the kind of member i want to be when i get home. i want to be the kind of person that is always on the lookout for new people and greet them and serve them. I am so thankful for my Heavenly Father's plan! I know that i was sent here to meet all of these people. I feel loved everyday by God and everyone around me. I love being a missionary and serving all these people every day. I love the Gospel! I just want to share it with EVERYONE!! Oh so one last story, this morning our phone was being dumb. we got a text and looked at it then realized we had 12 missed calls! our phone didnt ring once! it was our district leader, our zone leaders, and the assistants (who serve in our ward with us) we called them all back wondering what the heck was going on and i guess since we didnt answer so many times they were about ready to drive to our apartment to see if we were alive! Elder Snow was about ready to call search and rescue he said. hahahha it was funny but so comforting to know we have so many missionaries looking out for us. we just told them thanks and to stop being drama queens hahaha! well hopefully you are all enjoying the last of summer :) LOVE YOU ALL!! MAKE GOOD CHOICES!!!

Love,
Sister Swisher 
:)








No comments:

Post a Comment