Monday, May 12, 2014

Softball game! That's right a base hit!!!

hey ya'll!

so another crazy awesome week in Virginia! so we started out last monday night with a big ward party to send our third companion sister gates home right! it was sooo much fun and there was a ton of really good food. Every one in this ward is an amazing cook.... EVERY ONE! so we had a nice time at that. 

Transfers on wednesday was pretty fun and crazy! got so see a lot of amazing missionaries. i love the missionaries i serve with! what a great mission! we had a less active drive us to transfers and she just loved the whole thing. it was a really good experience for her. 

Saturday was the ward softball game! we played against the local Lutheran church. it was really fun! and i was really nervous to play because i was one of the only girls playing (my companion was on the sidelines chatting) and the Lutheran team had matching jerseys and everything! they were pretty serious about it. it was funny to look at their team all geared up and ready to play and then look at the mormon team and it was a bunch of dads in their "big bang theory" shirts with their dad bellies. hahaha yup our intimidation factor: -3... well it was my turn to bat and i turned to the elders and said i am about to embarass the swisher name. watch this. then i went out their and by some miracle on 34th street i hit the first ball they pitched to me! i got on 2nd base!! what in the world? i surprised pretty much our whole team and myself hahaha. it was a really fun day!

sunday was of course Mother's day! i was so excited to skype my family all day i could hardly see straight! it was soo good to see their faces and talk to them all! i cant believe how fast time has gone. that was my last skype call.... weird, just weird people. well with it being my second mother's day out on my mission i have gotten to spend mother's day with other families and celebrate their moms. moms across the world are just plain amazing! but let me tell you... i have THEE BEST MOM in the world! i have been reflecting on everything i have learned from my mom and how much she has influenced me throughout my life. it baffles me how much she does for others and how much she just LOVES people. she is always serving others. she is my best friend, my role model, and my biggest fan. i can't thank her enough for the support she has been to me in life and especially on my mission. my mom has taught me truly how to LIVE the Gospel of Jesus Christ. i know that we all have great moms and influential people in our lives. i hope that you were able to express your love and appreciation to them and i hope we remember to do that always. :) moms are the best!! MAKE GOOD CHOICES!

Love,
Sister Swisher 












No comments:

Post a Comment