Sunday, July 7, 2013

Week of Miracles


Hello!!! This week was a week of miracles! On Monday we were going to see a less-active man, on the way back to our car we saw this cute little family. So we gave them a card and the lady was like oh I work with a member! He gave me the Restoration DVD and the Book of Mormon. I have been reading the Book of Mormon! After I peed my pants (not really.... ok maybe a little :P) we set up a time to see her and her husband and her cute little girl! woo hoo!! Then we were looking for a lady named Tina so we went to the address we had and it was another family. Tina had moved. But she invited us in and we taught her and her two sons the Restoration and they invited us back! Oh if you think that is the end of the miracles... just you wait! Then our recent convert Cecelia Jimmy called us on the phone and told us she had been talking to her neighbor about the Gospel and she had agreed to meet with us. I called Themla (Cecelia's neighbor) and she said come over TODAY! so we went over and taught her and her son Nige the Restoration. Wait for it..... they then invited themselves to church! That is not the end of how cool Thelma and Nige are! On sunday morning Thelma called and said she was going to have Nige her son convince Evelyn Jimmy to come back to church since they have grown up together. Evelyn came to church!!!! Miracle!!! I am absolutely on cloud 9 right now! Heavenly Father has blessed us soooo stinking much this week and I couldn't be more thankful for this call that I have been given to share the Gospel with others and to witness how much happiness it brings into their lives. It is also amazing to see how much missionary work has changed just in the last week since the broadcast!!! The members are doing so much to help us out, find people for us to teach, and to fellowship those who need friends. They are so on board with missionary work! I am absolutely loving this area!! I cannot believe all the miracles we see all the time! Oh wait!! I just remembered another miracle we had this week! A less-active we have been working with came to church for the first time in a while!! It was great to see the ward welcome her back and help her with her kids and just show her that they love her. Daniel is still doing really well! Bethanie are coming to help us teach this week. They are already going strong in the Gospel together and it is so amazing to watch and be a part of. I am literally the happiest person in the world! Life could not get any better! I cannot believe I have almost been in Maryland for 3 months. I have no idea where the time has gone at all. I love my companion Sister Hollis! So the pictures from this week are from the big training meeting we had with the whole mission. It is for all the new missionaries and their trainers. It was a blast to see everyone! Being a missionary is hard work but it is the funnest thing in the world! We went laser tagging today yet again! Well thanks for the prayers! Love you all so much! MAKE GOOD CHOICES!
Love,
Sister Swisher















No comments:

Post a Comment