Monday, April 28, 2014

No more sweets!


hey everyone!

Crazy crazy week! so let me start with Monday night. so we went to this lady's house for dinner and she didn't know I was gluten free so I just ate gluten. it was fine. then at the end of the meal she pulls out this 3 layer carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. my mouth started watering! so she cute me a huge slice and I gobbled it down. then I was watching one of my companions eat her piece and she did the "im too full to finish this" sit back in the chair move so I was like um would you like me to finish that for you? so I did. most amazing cake I have ever eaten. the member was laughing at me and was like "wow sister swisher you really like the cake huh?" I was like "uhhhhh..... YES!" so keep this story in mind as I tell you about our investigator who is on date to be baptized in may. so we were teaching her about the word of wisdom and she was struggling with giving up tea. she was like well cant I just finish off the tea in my fridge? so I looked in her fridge and she had her whole entire fridge stocked up with tea! I was like oh geez what are we going to do. then I got a prompting to do a challenge with her. I couldn't even stop myself before the words came out of my mouth!
me: "ok susan, here's the deal, its important for you to live the word of wisdom. so I will give up sweets if you will give up tea."
her: "what???"
me: "ummmm... yup."
her: "ok. DEAL!"

meanwhile... my companions and the member we brought were all having heart attacks on the couch. every one in the ward knows how much I love my sweets. I even eat less dinner to enjoy more dessert! so now I am sweets free for 3 days and our investigator is tea free for 3 days. woo hoo! its so worth it! I love being a missionary and being able to help people change their lives and find the happiness that comes form the Gospel of Jesus Christ. the work is amazing and life is good. love you all! MAKE GOOD CHOICES!!!

Love,
Sister Swisher (the only sister missionary in the world who doesn't eat chocolate)










No comments:

Post a Comment